Berserker-Dalaran Index du Forum

Michael Pollan - The Omnivores Dilemma

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Berserker-Dalaran Index du Forum -> Berserker-Dalaran -> Taverne
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
felisel

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Mai - 14:54 (2016)    Sujet du message: Michael Pollan - The Omnivores Dilemma Répondre en citant

Michael Pollan - The Omnivores Dilemma > bit.ly/1TxTrRV

^..College..Discourse..Over..Food..Safety,..Courtesy..of..Bainbridge..Lawyer..^.."The..10..Best..Books..of..2006",..The..New..York..Times,..December..12,..2006..^.."Writing..on..Food,..Winner"Indeed,....I....still....experience....it....myself....because....I....like....my....novels....to....be....fast-paced....and....often....make....things....happen....to....my....characters....in....the....early....drafts....so....that....the....story....moves....along....quicklyIt....makes....good....economic....sense....that....people....with....limited....money....to....spend....on....food....would....spend....it....on....the....cheapest....calories....they....can....find,....especially....when....the....cheapest....calories........fats....and....sugars........are....precisely....the....ones....offering....the....biggest....neurobiological....rewardsEarl....Butz,....youll....recall,....sought....to....drive....up....agricultural....yields....in....order....to....drive....down....the....price....of....the....industrial....food....chains....raw....materials,....particularly....corn....and....soybeansv...t...e...Food...industry...criticism...Books...The...Jungle...(1906)...Fast...Food...Nation...(2001)...Reefer...Madness...(2003)...Shopped...(2004)...Chew...on...This...(2006)...My...Secret...Life...on...the...McJob...(2006)...The...Omnivore's...Dilemma...(2006)...Eating...Animals...(2009)...Wheat...Belly...(2011)...Farmageddon:...The...True...Cost...of...Cheap...Meat...(2014)...Meat...Atlas...(annual)...The...Meat...Racket:...The...Secret...Takeover...of...America's...Food...Business...(2014)...Defending...Beef:...The...Case...for...Sustainable...Meat...Production...(2014)...Righteous...Porkchop...(2009)...Films...The...Jungle...(1914)...McLibel...(1997)...The...Corporation...(2003)...Super...Size...Me...(2004)...The...Future...of...Food...(2004)...We...Feed...the...World...(2005)...Wal-Mart:...The...High...Cost...of...Low...Price...(2005)...Our...Daily...Bread...(2005)...Earthlings...(2005)...Fast...Food...Nation...(2006)...Black...Gold...(2006)...King...Corn...(2007)...Food,...IncHost..or..attend..a..Readathon..Day..party..Need..an..excuse..to..gather..together..with..friends..and..family?..Host..a..Readathon..Day..Party!..Visit..the..Readathon..Day..reading..parties..page..for..ideas..on..how..to..host..a..party..and..be..sure..to..share..pictures..and..videos..of..your..party..on..social..mediaJoin....the....conversation....In....the....run-up....to....and....during....Readathon....Day,....use....the....hashtag....#Readathon2016....to....spread....the....wordPass..it..on!..First..to..Read..Early..access..to..Penguin..Random..Houses..hottest..new..titles..Fodor's..Suvudu..The..mothership..for..Fantasy,..Science..Fiction,..Comics..&..more..Read....the....food....labels....in....your....kitchen....and....youll....find....that....HFCS....has....insinuated....itself....into....every....corner....of....the....pantry:....not....just....into....our....soft....drinks....and....snack....foods,....where....you....would....expect....to....find....it,....but....into....the....ketchup....and....mustard,....the....breads....and....cereals,....the....relishes....and....crackers,....the....hot....dogs....and....hamsYet...since...the...human...desire...for...sweetness...surpasses...even...our...desire...for...intoxication,...the...cleverest...thing...to...do...with...a...bushel...of...corn...is...to...refine...it...into...thirty...three...pounds...of...high-fructose...corn...syrup...That...at...least...is...what...were...doing...with...about...530...million...bushels...of...the...annual...corn...harvest......turning...it...into...17.5...billion...pounds...of...high-fructose...corn...syrupAll...these...explanations...are...true,...as...far...as...they...goDo...you...interact...with...the...author...when...planning...your...design?...We...have...never...had...any...direct...contact...during...the...design...processPenguin...Random...House...2...Connect...With...Us...FacebookTwitterGoogle+TumblrPinterestInstagram...Cart:...12...BooksAuthorsSeriesAbout...Us...—..David..Edelstein,..New..York..Magazine..OverviewFilm..DescriptionFilm..UpdateCreditsGMO..QuizA..Guide..to..Eating..WellWhat's..for..Lunch?About..the..CollaboratorsExcerpt:..Michael..Pollan's..The..Omnivore's..DilemmaFilmmaker..InterviewTell..Us..What..You..Think..of..for..a..Chance..to..Win..PrizesFilmmaker..StatementFilmmaker..BioExcerpt:..Michael..Pollan's..Food..RulesExcerpt:..Fast..Food..NationDownload..the..Movie..PosterEating..Made..SimpleHost..a..Potluck!Ask..the..FilmmakerFood..Inc.:..Live..Chat..With..FilmmakerLinks..&..BooksFor..Educators..&..OrganizersHost..a..Premiere..Party..Lesson..Plan:..The..Impact..of..Genetically..Modified..SeedsLesson..Plan:..Evaluating..Information..on..Food..LabelsLesson..Plan:..U.SThe...meaning...comes...from...a...deep,...personal...question...Im...wrestling...with...and...my...novels...help...me...articulate...the...answer...to...myselfThis....comes....from....the....systematic....approach....I....have....always....taken....with....his....coversNothing...should...happen...by...chance...or...destiny...to...your...protagonistWhat....happened....in....that....year?....I....took....a....sabbatical....from....my....job....at....Procter....&....Gamble....and....backpacked....and....lived....in....places....Id....always....fantasized....about....like....Bhutan....and....MongoliaIn..order..to..access..our..Web..site,..your..Web..browser..must..accept..cookies..from..NYTimes.comSee..also[edit]But....the....important....question....is,....Where,....exactly,....did....all....those....extra....calories....come....from....in....the....first....place?....And....the....answer....to....that....question....takes....us....back....to....the....source....of....almost....all....calories:....the....farmThis..is..the..publishers..jobv..t..e..Books..by..Michael..Pollan..Second..Nature:..A..Gardener's..Education..(1991)..A..Place..of..My..Own:..The..Education..of..an..Amateur..Builder..(1997)..The..Botany..of..Desire:..A..Plant's-Eye..View..of..the..World..(2001)..The..Omnivore's..Dilemma:..A..Natural..History..of..Four..Meals..(2006)..In..Defense..of..Food:..An..Eater's..Manifesto..(2008)..Food..Rules:..An..Eater's..Manual..(2009)..Cooked:..A..Natural..History..of..Transformation..(2013)..Pollan..Family..Table..(2014)..Whatever..nutritional..wisdom..the..rats..are..born..with..breaks..down..when..faced..with..sugars..and..fats..in..unnatural..concentrations....nutrients..ripped..from..their..natural..context,..which..is..to..say,..from..those..things..we..call..foodsHe....saw....customers....noisily....draining....their....sodas,....and....digging....infinitesimal....bits....of....salt....and....burnt....spud....out....of....their....little....bags....of....French....friesMy...job,...alongside...my...brilliant...team,...is...to...pull...all...of...these...levers...for...a...books...publicationChuck...is...a...brilliant...cultural...commentator,...not...only...in...the...way...that...he...makes...a...point...or...constructs...an...argument,...but...in...how...he...gets...the...reader...thinking.But...What...If...Were...Wrong?has...something...for...everyone:...literature,...music,...politics,...science,...philosophy...and...moreElson....Floyd,....president....of....WSU,....claimed....instead....that....it....was....a....budgetary....issue,....and....when....food....safety....expert....Bill....Marler....stepped....up....to....cover....the....claimed....shortfall,....the....program....was....reinstated,....and....Pollan....was....invited....to....speak....on....campus.[3]Corn....is....not....the....only....source....of....cheap....energy....in....the....supermarket........much....of....the....fat....added....to....processed....foods....comes....from....soybeans........but....it....is....by....far....the....most....importantWhy?...Because...HFCS...was...a...few...cents...cheaper...than...sugar...(thanks...in...part...to...tariffs...on...imported...sugarcane...secured...by...the...corn...refiners)...and...consumers...didnt...seem...to...notice...the...substitution f5880b0734

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Mai - 14:54 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Berserker-Dalaran Index du Forum -> Berserker-Dalaran -> Taverne Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation